Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Fine Day

A brisk fall day always puts me in a good mood! It's nice and cool, I actually had to put on turtleneck. Aah...so today was Rosh Hashana and for me it was "bring your kid to work day!" And so it was...we started heading south toward Chicago and I blurted out that I was low on gas. "Mom, you'll have to turn right on Oakton so you can get gas. I know where all the gas stations are..." Hmm...how does he know? So I headed straight down Ridge Ave, past Oakton and I hear this, "Hey mom, you forgot to turn on Oakton, are you going to the Shell station instead?" Hmm...allright, I did stop at the Shell staion. I really was running low.

The rest of the day went like this: Nicholas made a lunch date with Mae. Nicholas help put address labels on the church newletters. Nicholas spent time on pbssprouts. We had a wonderful lunch at Sabai Dee with Ramona and Mae. Nicholas devoured Pho Lao and Lychee Smoothie. Nicholas was taken to a park by Ramona. I was free to go back and finish up with work. We came home about 3:30. I did not have to cook dinner so Nicholas and I took our bikes for a spin.

Aah...what a fine day.

No comments: